The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Adding a new NDMP Server to Veeam Infrastructure
A NDMP Server which can be used to backup files on tape systems.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- NDMP version 4 or higher is supported
- Virtual or Physical server to be used as a Gateway Server. If you have not added a server to the backup infrastructure, please refer to “Adding Microsoft Windows Servers” “Adding Linux Servers” or Recipe
Before you start:
The Veeam Backup & Replication tape server role supports physical and virtual tapes and libraries for the LTO3 or newer standard. Partitions of libraries are supported but must contain only one generation of LTO drives.
It’s assumed that you already have a Veeam Backup Server fully working in your environment. If you need to install Veeam Backup Server, please refer to Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system Recipe.
- Open the Veeam Backup and Replication console and open the Tape Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, right-click the NDMP Servers node and select Add Server.
- At the NDMP Server step, specify the connection details:
- Enter the name or the IP address of the NDMP server and the port for the connection.
- Select credentials that has administrator privileges on the NDMP server. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right to add the credentials.
- In the Gateway server section, specify settings for the gateway server (Default: Automatic Selection)
- Review the NDMP server settings and click Finish to complete the wizard
Links to Resources: