The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Configuration Backup setup
Schedule a job to backup VBR Configuration to a standard repository.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- Veeam Backup and Replication server.
- A Backup repository for Configuration Backup. Scale-Out Backup repository isn’t supported.
Before you start:
Configuration backup should be stored at multiple locations: keep multiple copies to comply with best practices, use of file copy jobs can be leveraged.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup and Replication console.
- Click Main Menu button and select configuration Backup.
- Tick the “Enable configuration backup to the following repository” check box and select the destination repository you want to use for destination. Only standard repositories allowed.
- Set the number of restore points and schedule as needed.
- Tick the “Enable backup file encryption” check box to allow accounts information to be saved and specify a password to be used. Loss Protection is enabled if your VBR server is registered against an Enterprise Manager server (allows for configuration restore using EM decryption key)
- Click OK.
Links to Resources: