The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Installing Veeam Backup & Replication All-In-One Base system
A fully installed, working All-In-One Veeam backup & Replication service that can deliver backup and restores with a base level of functionality.
Time to complete: 20 minutes
- Server (Virtual or Physical) with 16 Cores, 32GB Ram, C: drive with 50GB free space, D: drive with 40GB free space, E: drive with at least enough space to cover your backup needs.
- Windows Server Operating system at least server Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2. Can be 2008 R2 SP1 however 2012 R2 should be minimum you should use
- Local Administrative account access on your server.
- Veeam Backup & Replication zip file downloaded and on your target machine. (always use the most recent form the Veeam website, it will contain all the latest patching and updates).
- For paid versions please have your license file located within easy reach on the server you will be installing Veeam onto.
Before you start:
The Veeam Backup & Replication software downloads in a zip file which expands into a iso image, you will need to unzip and have access to the iso image before starting.
This guide is focussed on using the licensed version of Veeam Backup & Replication, not the Community Edition, the only actual difference in the process is in step 5, you have no need to select a license file (for Community Edition).
- Right click the iso image and select mount.
- Explore the mounted as a DVD image in file manager, find and run the setup application in the root of the drive.
- In the main popup window select the install option in the large section (top left).
- Read the Licence Agreement and tick both Terms and conditions boxes to enable next button.
- Browse to your licence file and add, select next.
- Accept the defaults on the Program Features page unless you have a good reason to change anything. Press Next.
- On System Configuration check page press install* and wait for completion. Press next when available.
- A reboot may be required after this depending on your OS. If this is the case reboot and go back to 1.
- On Configuration page read and if all is ok press Install.
- After a wait for the software to complete it is now ready for use and your icons are on your desktop.
Method in Video:
Links to Resources:
- Veeam Software Product Download
- Veeam Guides and Helpcenter
- Veeam Community Forums
- Veeam Best Practices