The Veeam Cookbook Series
A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
Recipe: Add a New Scale-Out Backup Repository
A Veeam Backup & Replication Scale-Out Repository where Veeam keeps backup files.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- One or more backup repositories
Before you start:
You can mix backup repositories of different types in one scale-out backup repository.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed. You have added at least one Microsoft Windows Server in the Backup infrastructure. If you have not added a server to the backup infrastructure, please refer to “Adding Microsoft Windows Servers” recipe.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
- Select Backup Infrastructure on the bottom left menu.
- Right click Scale-out Repositories and choose “Add Scale-out Backup Repository”.
- Specify a name for the repository and click Next.
- Click Add to specify which backup repositories you want to add as performance extents, and click Advanced to check the available options. When finished, click OK on the Advanced Settings and Next on the main screen.
- Set the backup file placement policy for the scale-out backup repository, either to Data locality or Performance, and click Next.
- You can optionally select an object storage repository that you want to add as a capacity extent, choose to copy and/or move data according to the policies, and enable data encryption. Click Apply to proceed.
- You can optionally select an object storage repository that you want to add as an archive extent, choose when to archive GFS backups and fine tune the storage options. Click Apply to proceed.
- Complete the procedure of scale-out backup repository configuration by reviewing the details and clicking Finish.
Method in Video:
Links to Resources: