A simple step by step no frills approach to achieving your goal
A Veeam Backup & Replication Data Domain Repository where Veeam keeps backup files, VM copies and metadata for replicated VMs.
Time to complete: 5 minutes
- A Dell EMC Data Domain working over TCP/IP or Fibre Channel protocol with valid mtree configuration.
Before you start:
The Veeam software is automatically uploaded and installed by the Veeam Backup and Replication server.
You have a Veeam Backup and Replication server installed.
- Open the Veeam Backup and Replication console.
- Select Backup Infrastructure on the bottom left menu.
- Right click Backup Repositories and choose “Add Backup Repository”.
- Select “Deduplicating Storage Appliance” and “Dell EMC Data Domain”.
- Specify a name and description to the repository and click Next.
- Type in the DD server name, check the flag if using FC connectivity and add or select the credentials to access the appliance. If you’re using DD Boost Encryption check the flag, then click Next.
- Select the Storage Unit that will be used as repository, change the number of concurrent tasks or limit the data rate if necessary and click Advanced to check the available options. When finished, click OK on the Storage Compatibility Settings and Next on the main screen.
- Confirm or change the mount server settings.
- Review the settings and confirm by clicking Apply. If you’re adding a repository with existing backups, flag the setting to import them automatically.
- After installation and registration is completed, click Finish and the Data Domain repository is ready to use.
Method in Video:
Links to Resources: